Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy 4th of July! THERE ARE SO MANY REASONS TO LOVE INDEPENDENCE DAY! HERE ARE A FEW REASONS WHY THIS IS SUCH A GREAT HOLIDAY FOR ME.

  • A chance to celebrate the United States and what our independence truly means.
  • Always great fireworks! Whether it is the kind you buy from the stand or a stadium show it is always special.
  • Most important is quality time with family. We just relax and enjoy the usually hot day eating and swimming.
  • Picking out a patriotic book for David. This is my own new tradition since we got married. Which means tomorrow morning I need to get up early and find something ☺
  • I contribute by making my American flag cake. Which is super basic but everyone seems to look forward to it. An official tradition!

5 comments:

Kellie said...

I LOVE the cake! I wanted to make one of those this year! Maybe next year! :)

_sarahgray said...

cute cake! did you all go to my dad's? he said he was going to invite you all out there--but i had to work :(
we haven't seen you guys in so long! we need to fix that!!!

jennifer said...

hi dave and julia ! the bargender family just wanted to say hi from mississippi!!hope all is well!

Amy said...

I'm surprised david's favorite holiday isnt the 4th of july b/c he's such a patriot and he definitely likes to blow things up!

Shelby said...

How fun! I am glad you had a good Holiday!